There is an enchantment and beauty to hand embroidery. Treasured for many centuries, hand embroidery has been taught to women who want to embellish their fine linens and sewing projects. Each carefully plied stitch not only adds beauty to your sewing, but is also enjoyable when you know the techniques. Gail Doane is a master embroidery teacher. Her simple step-by-step instructions make it easy for everyone to experience and learn hand embroidery in a successful way. From the first step to the last, she explains in amazing detail. If you have always wanted to learn hand embroidery, but felt you just couldn’t grasp all of the intricate steps, Gail’s how-to’s are for you. If you have been embroidering for years, you will be inspired by her methods and enchanted by her approach. You will get tremendous satisfaction sitting and learning in the privacy of your home with one of the best embroidery teachers in the world today, Gail Doane.
Gail Doane is an internationally recognized expert in sewing technique and design. Her works have been featured in many publications including Sew Beautiful, Inspirations, Australia Smocking & embroidery and is a featured designer in Classic Sewing. She travels internationally teaching and sharing her love of sewing. At a SAGA convention in 2001 she was told she should never sew a design by anyone else and from the day she began her design business. It’s the tiny details of sewing that are her recognizable signature style.
Hand Embroidery Video Project Details
Time : 2 hours 13 minutes
You will learn :
- Gail Doane’s approach to hand embroidery
- Cast-On Stitch
- Spiral Cast-On Stitch
- Cast-On Stitch Bow
- Butterfly Cast-On & Double Cast-On
- Blanket Stitch Flowers and Leaves
- Lazy Daisy Stitch
- Combination Flowers
- Bullions & Bullion Roses
- Bullion Bunny
- And many tips on fine hand embroidery
This is a streaming video, which means you have access to the video as soon as you purchase. To watch the video, go to “My Account” on classicsewingmagazine.com and login. Here are the steps:
- Click on “My Account,” located on the right end on the navigation menu
- Once there, login to the “Member Login” using your email or Username and Password
- There you will see your Classic Sewing purchases – the video title is in red – Click on “view” – Your video will start to play.
- If you would like to download the pattern – that can be found under the video screen in the download section.
- If you would like to post questions to the forum – that can be found underneath the download section under Forum.