Gail Doane’s Jelly Roll Jacket and Dress is one of the most sought-after ensembles in her impressive design collection. Inspired by her passion for jelly roll fabrics, Gail created the one-of-a-kind quilted jacket with the idea in mind to “let the fabric work for you.” Beginning with strips of fabric, Gail will show you how to pair your colors, piece your fabric and create the jacket. The coordinating angel-sleeved dress is trimmed with fabrics from the jacket, making it a lovely companion piece. Of course, it will be beautiful when worn alone, too! You’ll love creating your own version of this masterpiece using your favorite colorways and notions – and, by using Gail’s step-by-step methods, this seemingly challenging garment is easy to accomplish. Gail also shares button embellishment ideas as a bonus. Whether you want to make the jacket, dress or both, this video is sure to find a special place in your collection.
Gail Doane is an internationally recognized expert in sewing technique and design. Her works have been featured in many publications including Sew Beautiful, Inspirations, Australia Smocking & embroidery and is a featured designer in Classic Sewing. She travels internationally teaching and sharing her love of sewing. At a SAGA convention in 2001 she was told she should never sew a design by anyone else and from the day she began her design business. It’s the tiny details of sewing that are her recognizable signature style.
Jelly Roll Jacket and Dress Video Project Details
Time : 2 hour 54 minutes
You will learn :
- How to Use a Jelly Roll
- Cutting Out the Jacket
- Jacket Construction
- Back Yoke
- Piping the Perimeter
- Binding the Perimeter
- Binding and Piping the Sleeve
- Dress Construction
- Angel Sleeve
- Side Seam
- Binding the Neck
- Scalloped Jelly Roll Hem
- Embellishing the Buttons – Cast-on Stitch
This is a streaming video, which means you have access to the video as soon as you purchase. To watch the video, go to “My Account” and login. Here are the steps:
- Login under the “Member Login” section using your email or Username and Password.
- Next, under the “My Membership” section you will see your Classic Sewing purchases.
- Select the video title or the “View” button to be taken to the Video Introduction page.
- If included, Downloads for the video class can be found on the Video page(s).
- Post questions or find answers to your questions on the dedicated Forum, also found on the Video page(s).