The Swiss voile collar features release tucks rather than traditional gathering. You will love her easy to follow directions for applying trim, working with piping, smocking and smocking with beads, inserting sleeves, creating and tying a beautiful sash, and finishing like a pro. The beauty is in the details and Gail Doane is the master of details in exquisite sewing. From start to finish, Gail will take you through the construction of the magnificent dress – both hand and machine . She teaches sewists how to control the fullness in the collar and sleeves giving your garment a professional look. Techniques covered: Release tucks, beaded smocking, entredeux edging, joining with baby piping, thread loop and sash, puffed sleeves with reverse tuck tailoring, Swiss bead Insertion and a very unique hemming technique.
Gail Doane is an internationally recognized expert in sewing technique and design. Her works have been featured in many publications including Sew Beautiful, Inspirations, Australia Smocking & embroidery and is a featured designer in Classic Sewing. She travels internationally teaching and sharing her love of sewing. At a SAGA convention in 2001 she was told she should never sew a design by anyone else and from the day she began her design business. It’s the tiny details of sewing that are her recognizable signature style.
Time : 2 hours 30 minutes
You will learn :
- Working with Beads
- How to make a Lace Collar
- And many tips on fine finishing construction details
This is a streaming video, which means you have access to the video as soon as you purchase. To watch the video, go to “My Account” on classicsewingmagazine.com and login. Here are the steps:
- Click on “My Account,” located on the right end on the navigation menu
- Once there, login to the “Member Login” using your email or Username and Password
- There you will see your Classic Sewing purchases – the video title is in red – Click on “view” – Your video will start to play.
- If you would like to download the pattern – that can be found under the video screen in the download section.
- If you would like to post questions to the forum – that can be found underneath the download section under Forum.