Cutting Cargo Pockets
Cut the following for the two cargo pockets:
• Cut two pockets, 41/2″ x 71/2″
• Cut four pocket flaps, 2″ x 43/4″
• Cut two pocket facings, 11/4″ x 41/2″
• Cut two pockets, 51/2″ x 81/2″
• Cut four pocket flaps, 21/4″ x 53/4″
• Cut two pocket facings, 11/4″ x 51/2″
• Cut two pockets, 61/2″ x 91/2″
• Cut four pocket flaps, 21/2″ x 63/4″
• Cut two pocket facings, 11/4″ x 61/2″
Seam allowance for cargo pocket is 1/4″.
1. Embroider flap as desired (fig. 1).
2. Cut the hook and loop tape in half and use one half for each pocket. Center one side of the hook and loop tape on one long edge of the flap lining, 1/2″ from the lower raw edge. Stitch in place (fig. 2).
3. Place the flap and flap lining right sides together and stitch the sides and lower long edge (fig. 3).
4. Clip the corners, turn right side out and press well.
5. Topstitch the three stitched sides. Serge or zigzag the top raw edges together (fig. 4). Set aside.
6. Find the center of one long side of the pocket piece. Crease to mark.
7. Measure 3/4″ to each side of the center and mark at the top and the bottom. Measure 11/2″ to each side of those marks and mark again at the top and the bottom (fig. 5).