If you have ever wanted to add a touch of crochet to a garment, this project is for you. Gail Doane’s wonderful dress design provides sewists with construction tips and techniques, starting with the preparation through the final stitches. You will learn to make a perfectly piped Peter Pan collar and an adorable Cast-On Stitch Bow. One of the most unique techniques is the crochet edging applied to entredeux around the collars and sleeves. Attaching the collar, embellishing and setting in the sleeves and pleating tips for the skirt—all are valuable steps in constructing the dress. Finishing is Gail’s specialty and her bound hand-stitched hem is a technique you will want to learn. The finale is the wonderful bow that Gail explains in great detail. This delightful dress will not only be a favorite of your young lady but a great project by which to learn professional sewing techniques.
Gail Doane is an internationally recognized expert in sewing technique and design. Her works have been featured in many publications including Sew Beautiful, Inspirations, Australia Smocking & embroidery and is a featured designer in Classic Sewing. She travels internationally teaching and sharing her love of sewing. At a SAGA convention in 2001 she was told she should never sew a design by anyone else and from the day she began her design business. It’s the tiny details of sewing that are her recognizable signature style.
Crochet Trim Pique Bow Dress Video Project Details
Time : 2 hour 13 minutes
You will learn :
- Bodice Front and Belt
- Bodice Construction
- Piped Peter Pan Collar and Cast-On Stitch Bow
- Crochet Stitches
- Completing and Attaching the Collar
- Embellishing and Setting In the Sleeves
- Pleating the Skirt and Constructing the Dress
- Bound Hand-Stitched Hem and Tied Bow
Downloadable files : Included
Forum : Post a question if you need help with this class. We’re here to help!
We offer 3 convenient viewing options: view instantly by selecting Online or if you would prefer to have the video shipped to you for offline viewing, select USB. Want the best of both worlds? Select Online + USB to start learning today while we ship you the class on a USB drive.
Online is a streaming video, which means you have access to the video as soon as you make your purchase. To watch the video, go to “My Account” and login. Here are the steps:
- Login under the “Member Login” section using your email or Username and Password.
- Next, under the “My Membership” section you will see your Classic Sewing purchases.
- Select the video title or the “View” button to be taken to the Video Introduction page.
- If included, Downloads for the video class can be found on the Video page(s).
- Post questions or find answers to your questions on the dedicated Forum, also found on the Video page(s).