This ensemble by Gail Doane offers four great wardrobe pieces that you will enjoy sewing. The dress and top feature smocking on the front and back. The pants are reversible offering two options! The jacket and top feature beautiful hand embroidered flowers using cast-on stitch flower, French knots and cast-on flower buds with bullion leaves. Gail shows easy-to-follow instructions for the wrap jacket, including set in sleeves, bias binding, and bias tube belt and buttonholes. The details of construction make this a great project for learning techniques that will give your sewing a professional finish. If you have always longed to learn lining techniques, smocking preparation and basic smocking stitches, binding and finishing then this is a must for you.
Gail Doane is an internationally recognized expert in sewing technique and design. Her works have been featured in many publications including Sew Beautiful, Inspirations, Australia Smocking & embroidery and is a featured designer in Classic Sewing. She travels internationally teaching and sharing her love of sewing. At a SAGA convention in 2001 she was told she should never sew a design by anyone else and from the day she began her design business. It’s the tiny details of sewing that are her recognizable signature style.
Farmhouse Four Piece Video Project Details
Time : 3 hour 47 minutes
You will learn :
- Cutting and Marking
- Hand Embroidery : Cast-on Stitch Flowers
- Hand Embroidery : French Knots
- Hand Embroidery : Cast-on Stitch Flower Buds with Bullion Leaves
- Jacket Construction
- Lining Construction and Attachment
- Piping and Binding
- Jacket Back Tab and Turned Bias Tube Belt
- Dress/Top Cutting Marking and Pleating
- Smocking Preparation
- Dress/Top Construction
- Preparing and Setting In Sleeves
- Binding the Neckline and Hem
- Bias Tube Belt and Buttonholes
- Hand-Stitched Bias
- Reversible Pants Construction
Downloadable files : Included
Forum : Post a question if you need help with this class. We’re here to help!
We offer 3 convenient viewing options: view instantly by selecting Online or if you would prefer to have the video shipped to you for offline viewing, select USB. Want the best of both worlds? Select Online + USB to start learning today while we ship you the class on a USB drive.
Online is a streaming video, which means you have access to the video as soon as you make your purchase. To watch the video, go to “My Account” and login. Here are the steps:
- Login under the “Member Login” section using your email or Username and Password.
- Next, under the “My Membership” section you will see your Classic Sewing purchases.
- Select the video title or the “View” button to be taken to the Video Introduction page.
- If included, Downloads for the video class can be found on the Video page(s).
- Post questions or find answers to your questions on the dedicated Forum, also found on the Video page(s).