Three simple words describe Gail Doane’s finishing details: perfection, perfection, perfection! In fact, she’s often asked, “How in the world can you get all these details so perfect?” On this video, Gail answers that question as she shares tried-and-true methods for fine finishing techniques that will mesmerize even the most experienced of sewists. She keeps her instructions elementary enough for beginners to understand, too! Unravel the mystery of beautiful piping and exquisite binding – two details we all strive for in our sewing – as Gail explores every shape that you will encounter in garment construction. From cutting perfect bias, making piping and bindings, and sewing it in, these methods Gail has developed over many years of sewing create precision elements that will take your skills to the next level. She also shares her special tips on creating a mock Hong Kong finish, secrets to creating the perfect bound buttonhole and more.
Gail Doane is an internationally recognized expert in sewing technique and design. Her works have been featured in many publications including Sew Beautiful, Inspirations, Australia Smocking & embroidery and is a featured designer in Classic Sewing. She travels internationally teaching and sharing her love of sewing. At a SAGA convention in 2001 she was told she should never sew a design by anyone else and from the day she began her design business. It’s the tiny details of sewing that are her recognizable signature style.
Fine Finishing Techniques Video Project Details
Time : 1 hour 58 minutes
You will learn :
- Cutting Perfect Bias
- Making Piping
- Continuous Piping – Starting and Stopping
- Piping – Pre-finishing the Ends
- Creating Sharp Piped Corners
- Piping Tight Rolling Curves
- French Bias Binding
- Embellishing with 1/4” French Bias Bindings
- French Bias Binding with Piping
- Piping and Binding in the Round
- Mock Hong Kong Finish
- Bound Buttonholes Quick and Easy
Forum : Post a question if you need help with this class. We’re here to help!
We offer 3 convenient viewing options: view instantly by selecting Online or if you would prefer to have the video shipped to you for offline viewing, select USB. Want the best of both worlds? Select Online + USB to start learning today while we ship you the class on a USB drive.
Online is a streaming video, which means you have access to the video as soon as you make your purchase. To watch the video, go to “My Account” and login. Here are the steps:
- Login under the “Member Login” section using your email or Username and Password.
- Next, under the “My Membership” section you will see your Classic Sewing purchases.
- Select the video title or the “View” button to be taken to the Video Introduction page.
- If included, Downloads for the video class can be found on the Video page(s).
- Post questions or find answers to your questions on the dedicated Forum, also found on the Video page(s).