The Swiss voile collar features release tucks rather than traditional gathering. You will love her easy to follow directions for applying trim, working with piping, smocking and smocking with beads, inserting sleeves, creating and tying a beautiful sash, and finishing like a pro. The beauty is in the details and Gail Doane is the master of details in exquisite sewing. From start to finish, Gail will take you through the construction of the magnificent dress – both hand and machine . She teaches sewists how to control the fullness in the collar and sleeves giving your garment a professional look. Techniques covered: Release tucks, beaded smocking, entredeux edging, joining with baby piping, thread loop and sash, puffed sleeves with reverse tuck tailoring, Swiss bead Insertion and a very unique hemming technique.
Gail Doane is an internationally recognized expert in sewing technique and design. Her works have been featured in many publications including Sew Beautiful, Inspirations, Australia Smocking & embroidery and is a featured designer in Classic Sewing. She travels internationally teaching and sharing her love of sewing. At a SAGA convention in 2001 she was told she should never sew a design by anyone else and from the day she began her design business. It’s the tiny details of sewing that are her recognizable signature style.
Time : 2 hours 30 minutes
You will learn :
- Working with Beads
- How to make a Lace Collar
- And many tips on fine finishing construction details
Downloadable files : Included
Forum : Post a question if you need help with this class. We’re here to help!
We offer 3 convenient viewing options: view instantly by selecting Online or if you would prefer to have the video shipped to you for offline viewing, select USB. Want the best of both worlds? Select Online + USB to start learning today while we ship you the class on a USB drive.
Online is a streaming video, which means you have access to the video as soon as you make your purchase. To watch the video, go to “My Account” and login. Here are the steps:
- Login under the “Member Login” section using your email or Username and Password.
- Next, under the “My Membership” section you will see your Classic Sewing purchases.
- Select the video title or the “View” button to be taken to the Video Introduction page.
- If included, Downloads for the video class can be found on the Video page(s).
- Post questions or find answers to your questions on the dedicated Forum, also found on the Video page(s).