There is nothing more breathtaking than a classic tartan plaid for cooler weather! Gail Doane has cleverly incorporated tartan as the trim fabric for this adorable ensemble. This video features complete instructions for making the jacket and the dress. PDF instructions and patterns for the dress and jacket, sizes 4–10, included.
You will learn tips and techniques from Gail on construction, making welt pockets, piping in the round, proper lining, attaching trim, collar construction, raglan sleeves, and her fabulous trick on bound buttonhole windows! This video is a treasure trove of tips and techniques to help you become an accomplished sewist.
The construction of both the dress and the jacket finishes with Gail’s bound handstitched hem—a technique you will use on many projects. You will be mesmerized as Gail takes you through these two garments step-by-step.
Gail Doane is an internationally recognized expert in sewing technique and design. Her works have been featured in many publications including Sew Beautiful, Inspirations, Australia Smocking & embroidery and is a featured designer in Classic Sewing. She travels internationally teaching and sharing her love of sewing. At a SAGA convention in 2001 she was told she should never sew a design by anyone else and from the day she began her design business. It’s the tiny details of sewing that are her recognizable signature style.
Tartan Trim Jacket and Dress
Time : 2 hour 55 minutes
You will learn :
- Tartan Trim Jacket
- Tartan Trim Jacket Construction
- Tartan Trim Jacket and Dress – Welt Pockets
- Tartan Trim Jacket and Dress Back – Pleat, Yoke, and Side Seams
- Ragland Sleeves : Preparing and Inserting
- Collar: Constructing The Block Method and Attaching
- Piping the Outer Edge of the Jacket
- Constructing the Lining – Bound Buttonhole Windows
- Attach Lining to Outer Shell
- Tartan Trim Jacket Finishing
- Tartan Trim Dress
- Bodice Back, Decorative Buttons, Shoulder Seams and Bodice Front Lining
- Back Belt, Buttonholes and Side Seams
- Making the Sleeves and Piping in the Round
- Preparing the Skirt – Shaped Side
- Attaching the Skirt to the Bodice and Creating a Bound Handstitched Hem
Downloadable files : Included
Forum : Post a question if you need help with this class. We’re here to help!
We offer 3 convenient viewing options: view instantly by selecting Online or if you would prefer to have the video shipped to you for offline viewing, select USB. Want the best of both worlds? Select Online + USB to start learning today while we ship you the class on a USB drive.
Online is a streaming video, which means you have access to the video as soon as you make your purchase. To watch the video, go to “My Account” and login. Here are the steps:
- Login under the “Member Login” section using your email or Username and Password.
- Next, under the “My Membership” section you will see your Classic Sewing purchases.
- Select the video title or the “View” button to be taken to the Video Introduction page.
- If included, Downloads for the video class can be found on the Video page(s).
- Post questions or find answers to your questions on the dedicated Forum, also found on the Video page(s).