There is nothing more breathtaking than a classic tartan plaid for cooler weather! Gail Doane has cleverly incorporated tartan as the trim fabric for this adorable ensemble. This video features complete instructions for making the jacket and the dress. PDF instructions and patterns for the dress and jacket, sizes 4–10, included.
You will learn tips and techniques from Gail on construction, making welt pockets, piping in the round, proper lining, attaching trim, collar construction, raglan sleeves, and her fabulous trick on bound buttonhole windows! This video is a treasure trove of tips and techniques to help you become an accomplished sewist.
The construction of both the dress and the jacket finishes with Gail’s bound handstitched hem—a technique you will use on many projects. You will be mesmerized as Gail takes you through these two garments step-by-step.
Tartan Trim Jacket and Dress Project Details
Time : 2 hour 55 minutes
You will learn :
- Tartan Trim Jacket
- Tartan Trim Jacket Construction
- Tartan Trim Jacket and Dress – Welt Pockets
- Tartan Trim Jacket and Dress Back – Pleat, Yoke, and Side Seams
- Ragland Sleeves : Preparing and Inserting
- Collar: Constructing The Block Method and Attaching
- Piping the Outer Edge of the Jacket
- Constructing the Lining – Bound Buttonhole Windows
- Attach Lining to Outer Shell
- Tartan Trim Jacket Finishing
- Tartan Trim Dress
- Bodice Back, Decorative Buttons, Shoulder Seams and Bodice Front Lining
- Back Belt, Buttonholes and Side Seams
- Making the Sleeves and Piping in the Round
- Preparing the Skirt – Shaped Side
- Attaching the Skirt to the Bodice and Creating a Bound Handstitched Hem
Downloadable files : Included